Thursday, September 26th, 6:00-7:30PM, in the Gallery Lounge at UBC.(Facebook RSVP)
If you follow the New York Times, TIME magazine, Macleans, or any mildly respectable publication, you’ve probably heard that Generation Y is the worst generation in the history of generations. We are narcissistic, selfish, miserable, lazy and lack any semblance of a work ethic. We have only ourselves and our delusional expectations to blame for living in our parent’s basement.
However, before resigning to this conclusion, we at the Terry Project and AMS thought we’d discuss the issue with a few experts. Please join us on September 26th for a lively discussion with Professor Paul Beaudry, Professor Paul Kershaw and Generation Why Media founder Tara Mahoney. We promise it’s not a sad lecture.
Tickets: By Donation to Shinerama, suggested $5.
- Paul Kershaw, from the UBC School of Population and Public Health, on the generation squeeze.
- Paul Beaudry, from UBC Economics, on moving down the occupational ladder.
- Iglika Ivanova, from the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, on the rapidly changing job market.
- Tara Mahoney, from Gen Why Media, and where we go from here.
- and hosted by Gordon Katic.