Canada’s Temporary Worker Program is growing rapidly. Now, more temporary workers enter Canada than permanent economic immigrants. What does this mean for those workers, and what does it mean for Canada’s future?
- Adriana Paz Ramirez, Justicia for Migrant Workers.
- Sarah Marsden, UBC Law, and author of “Law’s permissions, law’s exclusions : precarious migration status in Canada.”
- Fay Faraday, Osgoode Law School, and author of “Made in Canada: How the Law Constructs Migrant Workers’ Insecurity.”
- Mike Klassen, Canadian Federation of Independent Business.
- Karl Flecker, the Canadian Labour Congress.
Every company in BC that used the Temporary Foreign Worker program from 2011-mid 2013, minus some redactions. Documents obtained under Freedom of Information Act request.