Just answering a few quick housekeeping questions that have been coming up lately.
1. Daniel Dennett’s talk will be videotaped, but he has asked that the files not be widely released until 2010 (he’s on tour with this talk in 2009). He is however o.k. with us presenting it in-house (say on campus at a lecture theatre) if there is interest. I guess we’ll gauge interest related to this.
2. We’ve put up two Terry talks so far, and will endeavour to release another 2 to 3 per week until all 9 are presented.
3. After which, we’ll also release Wade Davis’ talk online.
4. Just a FYI, but unfortunately, we will be unable to present James Orbinski’s talk on the website. If there is continued interest for access to this, we may (at a future date) inquire if it’s ok to show the video in a lecture hall, etc.
5. Don’t forget about the writing contest (we have been recieving entries and have been slow going through them, but keep them coming!).
6. We are working on one other speaker this term for sure, and have a few leads for the next year. Any tips would be appreciated.