One year at Terry – a recap.
Terry and I have been going steady for one year today. I was unable to come up with anything particularly profound to say, so instead I’ll say this: it’s been a fun ride so far, and I look forward to the coming year (that is, if Dave doesn’t evict my sorry self from the site). That said, I thought I’d share with you my personal 10 favorite articles that I’ve posted to the site. Sure, this may seem a tad narcissistic, but it’s my anniversary, so I can do what I want with it – enjoy!
- Is good scientific journalism possible? (a long, personal pseudo rant that made it to Slashdot)
- Contemplating humanity’s carbon use efficiency (definitely in my top five)
- Divorce Your Spouse, Harm The Environment – or – “How an English King Killed The Planet 500 Years Ago” (if only because it is cited in Colbert’s Wikiality)
- Do The Humanities Have Superpowers? – or – “Post-Modern Man vs. The Naughty Nihilist” (this was a lot of fun to write and think about)
- Pondering the Residence Time of Supermarket Green Peppers – or – On The Similarities Between Environmental Chemistry, Yuppies, and Jim Henson’s Fragglerock (combining muppets and science)
- Paper, Plastic, or Neither? An Olympic Terry Challenge (back of the envelope calculations are my favorite calculations)
- Is Online Participatory Culture Doing Away WithExperts? (not directly relevant to Terry, but it was fun to think about)
- An Oceanographer’s Humble Foray Into Political Science – aka – Sociopolitical Controls On Carbon Emissions (because free online data sets are excellent tools for learning)
- Watch your ass, Bicycle Man -or- Walking, Riding, and Being Ridden Over on the Burrard Street Bridge (why not end the list with a raging rant?)