Adventures in Science Talk #3
A recap for those of you who have yet to attend one of our amazing lectures!
Adventures in Science is a speaker series put on by the Biophysics Student Society. We are hosting researchers from all corners of science to come to UBC, on a bi-weekly basis, to share their knowledge, expertise and advice.
- Find out what it is that you can’t stand not to do, and do it.
- Have fun while you’re doing it.
- Learn to write. Take a creative writing class.
- Be active. Compete in athletics.
- Don’t follow the path. Pick something that no one else finds interesting (make sure they’re wrong) then get out before everyone else catches on.
Our next lecture is October 16th, TOMORROW at 1230 in the MSL Theatre. If physics didn’t interest you, I’m sure that Dr. Marco Marra and his lecture, Discovering Mutations in Cancer Cells, will. Marco Marra is the Director at the Genome Sciences Centre, a Senior Scientist at the BC Cancer Research Centre and a Medical Genetics prof at UBC. This is a lecture that you won’t want to miss!
If you want to know more about Adventures in Science go to the website www.phas.ubc.ca/ais
Jess Brewer’s presentation is posted here.