What is the Terry Project? Find out more on our ‘about‘ page.
What is the Terry Project on CiTR?
The Terry Project Podcast is a documentary radio series that explores how big ideas affect real people’s lives. Each week, UBC students Sam Fenn and Gordon Katic produce a 30-minute documentary about some big issue in the news. They find some story related to the issue, and then feature the research and advocacy of expert academics and activists.
Position: Research Assistant
The Terry Project Podcast prides itself on exploring the most interesting and important global issues, and speaking to the foremost local and international experts on those issues. We are looking for a research assistant who can help us stay abreast of emerging political debates, ground-breaking academic research, and interested personalities.
Responsibilities will include:
• Attending weekly meetings and brainstorming topic ideas.
• Exploring key debates and identifying suitable personalities to speak on those debates.
• Pitching story ideas
• Assisting in writing questions and researching for segments.
• Taking notes on segments working with the rest of the production team to decide which content to put into the finished project.
• Fact-checking scripts and answering important questions.
An interest in global affairs and strong research skills are required.
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteers who will be available for a 2-4 hour time commitment each week.
If you are interested, please email us with a brief cover letter explaining why you’d like to help, and detailing any relevant experience you might have.