We have a lot of events, like the TEDx Terry Talks and the Global Speakers Series. We need to put bums in seats. We also have a blog, for which we need eyes. And a podcast, for which we need ears. My point is, we need help marketing. Our goal is to engage as many students as possible, across disciplines. For that, we are looking for a few passionate and well-connected students who are particularly adept at social networking.
Our marketing strategy includes:
- Personal Emails
- Graphical Displays
- Facebook Events
- Imagine Day Booth
- Campus Posters
- Radio Spots, and more.
Duties and responsibilities of the promotional assistant will include:
- Brainstorming new promotional venues and co-coordinating cross-platform marketing efforts.
- Coordinating with campus partners and providing them promotional material for websites, email lists, and newsletters.
- Timely assistant with social media efforts, including: re-tweeting certain tweets, inviting friends to a Facebook event, and sharing events you are particularly interested in.
- Assisting with the Imagine day booth
- Putting posters up around campus.
- Thinking of new ways to pro-actively engage students in the blog and podcast.
The time-commitment will be minimal, but run throughout the academic year. By being involved, you will have access to all our events, and opportunities engage with many of the speakers we host at UBC and feature on our podcast.
If you are interested, please email me a brief cover explaining why you’d like to help, and detailing any relevant experience you might have. We are looking for 3-5 enthusiastic volunteers.