The plan is to launch Terry Talks next year – so that means a summer filled with working out the format and logistics of holding such an event. As part of this process, we are looking to hire a student to join the Terry Team who will be responsible for working with another student team member on developing and putting the plan into action. This position will be shared with the Office of Student Development and will have complementary responsibilities in that unit and will work closely with their staff team.
The successful applicant will be a current UBC student, with a minimum of one academic year at UBC, and will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Knowledge of UBC student groups, academic programs, resources, and services
- Strong computer skills (web, word processing, e-mail, database, spreadsheet)
- Good research and organizational skills
- Strong academic background
- Creativity, enthusiasm and commitment
- Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders and project partners
- A passion for interdisciplinary learning and global issues, essentially everything that is Terry
The position is full-time (35 hours/week) starting at the beginning of May and ending at the beginning of September. The ideal candidate would be available for part-time work during the academic year.
If this is your summer dream job, then please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for 3 references by Friday, April 25th, 2008 to Chad Hyson.