If you follow the New York Times, TIME magazine, Macleans, or any mildly respectable publication, you’ve probably heard that Generation Y is the worst generation in the history of generations. We are narcissistic, selfish, miserable, lazy and lack any semblance of a work ethic. We have only ourselves and our delusional expectations to blame for living in our parent’s basement.
However, before resigning to this conclusion, we at the Terry Project and AMS thought we’d discuss the issue with a few experts. This event was recorded September 26th at the Gallery Lounge at UBC.
- Paul Kershaw, from the UBC School of Population and Public Health, on the generation squeeze.
- Paul Beaudry, from UBC Economics, on moving down the occupational ladder.
- Iglika Ivanova, from the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, on the rapidly changing job market.
- Tara Mahoney, from Gen Why Media, and where we go from here.
- and hosted by Gordon Katic.
BONUS: Generation Squeeze Video